1.5Kg flour (Blue Bag of Caputo Pizza 00)
1 ltr. water (no Cl)
3 tbsp Active Dry Yeast
3 tbsp Sugar
1/4 cup EVO (leave out if making authentic Neapolitan Pizza)
3 tsp Salt
4 min. mix time @ #2 on Hobart 120
Should yield about ten 250 gm doughballs
Refrigerate overnight and use at ambient temperature next day.
1000 G Caputo 00 flour
660 G water
1/2 tsp. IDY
25 G Sea Salt
room temp rise 24 hr Min.
My latest dough recipe for 5 pies:
- 850g flour
- 550g filtered water
- 30g sea salt
- 60g "starter" (std bigga recipe)
- 1/4tsp yeast (optional)
Makes 5 300g dough balls.
The secret is in the preparation process. I use a KA mixer:
- add 40g flour, all water, salt, starter, yeast into mixer
- mix low just to bring materials all together
- cover and sit for 20m
- mix on low for 5m. after 5 m, start to slowly add remaining 210g of flour. At 6-7m mark, increase mixer to 1/3 max limit (mine tops at 10 so I set it to between 3-4).
- continue to add remaining flour. dough hook should continue to pull through the dough. when the dough starts to form a more firm ball, then stop adding flour.
- stop mixing and cover for 15-20m
- dump onto floured surface. hand kneed for 2-3m careful not to add more flour.
- let the dough rest 10m
- divide into 5x300g balls.
- i put each ball into a med size lightly oiled covered tupperware bowl then place in the refrigerator for use next day.
- remove dough from fridge 1-2 hours before use.